* denotes I am the second supervisor of a PhD student
Alice Drinkwater* (PhD 2018-)
Current interests: Using methane isotopologues to understand recent changes in atmospheric methane
|Dr Maggie Marvin
Current interests: Tropospheric chemistry over SE Asia and its driving factors; satellite remote sensing.
Dr Liang Feng
Current interests: Carbon cycle; satellite remote sensing; inverse methods.
Caterina Mogno (PhD 2018-)
Current interests: Understanding PM2.5 over Delhi, India.
Dr Doug Finch
Current interests: Data science; UK surface air quality; what drives atmospheric methane?
Sihong "Rainbow" Zhu (Visiting PhD 2019-2020)
Current interests: Chinese CH4 and CO2 fluxes
Selena Georgiou* (PhD 2019-)
Current interests: Methane fluxes over the Congo basin using in situ and remotely sensed data
Ben Taysum (PhD 2017-)
Current interests: Photochemistry on Mars in preparation for data from the Trace Gas Orbiter
Dr Matt Jolleys
Current interests: Surface air quality over China, with a particular emphasis on PM2.5.
Niall Whiteford* (PhD 2017-)
Current interests: Retrieval of atmospheric parameters from directly imaged exoplanets
|Dr Mark Lunt
Current interests: Driving processes of atmospheric methane; satellite remote sensing; inverse methods.
Jerome Woodwark (PhD 2017-)
Current interests: Development of a methane spectrometer concept for a small satellite
|Anna Mackie (PhD 2015-)
Current interests: Earth's radiation balance using satellite observations
Fei Yao (PhD 2018-)
Current interests: Development of methods to understand Chinese PM2.5 using satellite remote sensing data
Group Alum (URLs point PhD theses):
- MEGAN ATKINS (Summer student 2017), MSc in environmental sustainability, Netherlands.
- MICHAEL BARKLEY (POSTDOC, 2006-2010): Lecturer at the University of Leicester
- JAMES BARLOW (PhD, 2010-2014; PDRA, 2014-2016): Researcher at the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA).
- EDDY BARRATT (UNDERGRADUATE PROJECT STUDENT, Summer 2010-Summer 2011): Research scientist at SEPA.
- ROBYN BUTLER (PhD, 2012-2017): Air quality consultant at Tonkin and Taylor, NZ.
- ANTHONY BLOOM (PhD, 2007-2011): Scientist at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA, USA.
- CLAIRE BULGIN (PhD, 2006-2010): PDRA with Chris Merchant at the University of Reading
- SILVIA CALDARARU (PhD, 2007-2012; PDRA, 2012-2013): PDRA at Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry, Jena.
- XUEFENG CUI (POSTDOC, 2008-2010): Associate Professor in the College of Global Change and Earth System Research, Beijing Normal University, China
- OSCAR DIMDORE-MILES (Summer student 2016, 2017; MPhys student, 2016-2017): D.Phil. student at the University of Oxford.
- EMILY DOWD (Summer student 2017; MPhys student, 2017-2018): Maritime Meteorologist, Meteogroup.
- DOUG FINCH (PhD student, 2011-2015) PDRA within group.
- ANNEMARIE FRASER (POSTDOC, 2008-2014): Air quality scientist at Environment Canada.
- VINITA GANESH (Undergraduate research, 2016-2017): Programme Management Intern at GRASP-UNEP.
- ADAM GOLINSKI (MPhys student, 2015-2016): D.Phil. student at the University of Oxford.
- SIEGFRIED GONZI (POSTDOC, 2007-2016): Senior Research Scientist at the UK Met Office.
- CATHERINE HARDACRE (POSTDOC, 2010-2012): Senior Research Scientist at the UK Met Office.
- JAMES HOWIE (PhD, 2007-2012): Managing director of ASCUS, http://www.ascus.org.uk/.
- JIZE JIANG (Undergraduate research, 2016-2017): MSc student at the U. Edinburgh, 2017-2018.
- QIAN LI (POSTDOC, 2007-2010): Research scientist at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- ANNA MACKIE (MPhys student, 2014-2015) PhD student within group.
- STEPHAN MATTHIESEN (programme manager BORTAS, GAUGE, 2009-2017): self employed book translator.
- JELTE MENSE (PhD, 2011-2016): Netherland National Police.
- PETER NELSON (VISITING PROFESSOR, JULY-DEC, 2011): Professor from Macquarie University, Australia
- MARK PARRINGTON (POSTDOC, 2009-2013): Scientist at European Centre for Medium-range Weather Forecasts, Reading, UK.
- ETIENNE SADEGHPOOR (MPhys student, 2018-2019)
- JAMES SHAW (MPhys student, 2018-2019)
- LUCIANA SINPETRU (SUMMER STUDENT 2017), Interpretation of brown dwarf lightcurves (co-supervised with Beth Biller)
- LUKE SURL (POSTDOC, 2013-2014): Marie Curie Fellowship Holder, University of Paris
- THIBAUD THONAT (POSTDOC, 2015-2018):PDRA at Laboratory for Climate Sciences and the Environment, LSCE / IPSL
- ROBERT TRIGWELL (MSC PROJECT STUDENT from Jan 2011; GRADUATE INTERN, April--Sept 2010; Sept-Dec 2011): Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development.
- WIN TRIVITAYANURAK (POSTDOC, 2009-2010): Government officer in the Environmental Division in the Department of Highways, Thailand.
- JING WANG (VISITING PhD, 2017-2018): Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- REBECCA WILSON (PhD joint with U. Macquarie, Australia, 2011-2018): TBD
- YANG YAN (VISITING PhD, 2009)
- JACK YATES (PhD, 2014-2018): Scientist at Observatory Sciences Ltd, Kirkcaldy.