* denotes Paul Palmer is the second or co- supervisor of a PhD student
Marrick Braam (PhD 2020-)
Current interests: Exoplanet atmospheres
| Dr Mark Lunt
Current interests: Driving processes of atmospheric methane; satellite remote sensing; inverse methods
Petri Clusius* (PhD 2021-) [Joint PhD student with Michael Boy, U. Helsinki]
Current interests: Aerosol radiative forcing, biosphere-atmosphere interactions and modelling
Dr Maggie Marvin
Current interests: Tropospheric chemistry over SE Asia and its driving factors; satellite remote sensing.
Maureen Cohen* (PhD 2020-)
Current interests: Exoplanet atmospheres
| Caterina Mogno (PhD 2018-)
Current interests: Understanding PM2.5 over Delhi, India
Luna Dabinovic* (PhD 2021-) [Co-supervised PhD with Dr Anne Templeton, School of Psychology]
Current interests: Understanding how humans respond to environmental risk that occur on slow and rapid timescales
Dr Tia Scarpelli
Current interests: Quantifying ffCO2 emissions using atmospheric chemistry
Alice Drinkwater* (PhD 2018-)
Current interests: Using methane isotopologues to understand recent changes in atmospheric methane
Ben Taysum (PhD 2017-)
Current interests: Photochemistry on Mars in preparation for data from the Trace Gas Orbiter
Dr Liang Feng
Current interests: Carbon cycle; satellite remote sensing; inverse methods.
Niall Whiteford* (PhD 2017-)
Current interests: Retrieval of atmospheric parameters from directly imaged exoplanets
Dr Doug Finch
Current interests: Data science; UK surface air quality; what drives atmospheric methane?
Jerome Woodwark (PhD 2017-)
Current interests: Development of a methane spectrometer concept for a small satellite
Linus Heinke* (PhD 2021-) [Joint PhD student with Leen Decin, U. Leuven]
Current interests: Exoplanet atmospheres and machine learning.
Dr Kai Wu (2020-)
Current interests: Pre-launch science preparations for MicroCarb
Selena Georgiou* (PhD 2019-)
Current interests: Methane fluxes over the Congo basin using in situ and remotely sensed data
|Fei Yao (PhD 2018-)
Current interests: Development of methods to understand Chinese PM2.5 using satellite remote sensing data
Group Alum (URLs point to PhD theses):
- MEGAN ATKINS (Summer student 2017), MSc in environmental sustainability, Netherlands.
- MICHAEL BARKLEY (POSTDOC, 2006-2010): Lecturer at the University of Leicester
- JAMES BARLOW (PhD, 2010-2014; PDRA, 2014-2016): Researcher at the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA).
- EDDY BARRATT (UNDERGRADUATE PROJECT STUDENT, Summer 2010-Summer 2011): Research scientist at SEPA.
- ROBYN BUTLER (PhD, 2012-2017): Air quality consultant at Tonkin and Taylor, NZ.
- ANTHONY BLOOM (PhD, 2007-2011): Scientist at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA, USA.
- CLAIRE BULGIN (PhD, 2006-2010): PDRA with Chris Merchant at the University of Reading
- SILVIA CALDARARU (PhD, 2007-2012; PDRA, 2012-2013): PDRA at Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry, Jena.
- XUEFENG CUI (POSTDOC, 2008-2010): Associate Professor in the College of Global Change and Earth System Research, Beijing Normal University, China
- OSCAR DIMDORE-MILES (Summer student 2016, 2017; MPhys student, 2016-2017): D.Phil. student at the University of Oxford.
- EMILY DOWD (Summer student 2017; MPhys student, 2017-2018): Maritime Meteorologist, Meteogroup; PhD at University of Leeds 9/20--
- DOUG FINCH (PhD student, 2011-2015) PDRA within group.
- ANNEMARIE FRASER (POSTDOC, 2008-2014): Air quality scientist at Environment Canada.
- VINITA GANESH (Undergraduate research, 2016-2017): Programme Management Intern at GRASP-UNEP.
- ADAM GOLINSKI (MPhys student, 2015-2016): D.Phil. student at the University of Oxford.
- SIEGFRIED GONZI (POSTDOC, 2007-2016): Senior Research Scientist at the UK Met Office.
- CELINE GOSLINGA (MSc, 2020): Graduate intern at Esri UK.
- CATHERINE HARDACRE (POSTDOC, 2010-2012): Senior Research Scientist at the UK Met Office.
- JAMES HOWIE (PhD, 2007-2012): Managing director of ASCUS, http://www.ascus.org.uk/.
- JIZE JIANG (Undergraduate research, 2016-2017): MSc student at the U. Edinburgh, 2017-2018; PhD student at U. Edinburgh, 2019-
- MATTHEW JOLLEYS (PDRA, 2016-2019): TBD
- QIAN LI (POSTDOC, 2007-2010): Research scientist at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- ANNA MACKIE (MPhys student, 2014-2015; PhD student 2015-2020) PDRA at St Andrews, Summer 2020--
- STEPHAN MATTHIESEN (programme manager BORTAS, GAUGE, 2009-2017): self employed book translator.
- JELTE MENSE (PhD, 2011-2016): Netherland National Police.
- PETER NELSON (VISITING PROFESSOR, JULY-DEC, 2011): Professor from Macquarie University, Australia
- MARK PARRINGTON (POSTDOC, 2009-2013): Scientist at European Centre for Medium-range Weather Forecasts, Reading, UK.
- ETIENNE SADEGHPOOR (MPhys student, 2018-2019)
- MEHLIYAR SADIQ (PDRA, 2019-2021): Consultant, McKinsey & Company, Brussels.
- JAMES SHAW (MPhys student, 2018-2019): Application developer at AutoRek
- LUCIANA SINPETRU (SUMMER STUDENT 2017), Interpretation of brown dwarf lightcurves (co-supervised with Beth Biller); PhD, University of Manchester, 2018--
- LUKE SURL (POSTDOC, 2015-2018): Marie Curie Fellowship Holder, University of Paris
- THIBAUD THONAT (POSTDOC, 2013-2014):PDRA at Laboratory for Climate Sciences and the Environment, LSCE / IPSL
- ROBERT TRIGWELL (MSC PROJECT STUDENT from Jan 2011; GRADUATE INTERN, April--Sept 2010; Sept-Dec 2011): Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development.
- WIN TRIVITAYANURAK (POSTDOC, 2009-2010): Government officer in the Environmental Division in the Department of Highways, Thailand.
- JING WANG (VISITING PhD, 2017-2018): Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- REBECCA WILSON (PhD joint with U. Macquarie, Australia, 2011-2018): TBD
- YANG YAN (VISITING PhD, 2009)
- JACK YATES (PhD, 2014-2018): Scientist at Observatory Sciences Ltd, Kirkcaldy.
- SIHONG "RAINBOW" ZHU (Visiting PhD, 2019-2021): Institute for Atmospheric Physics, Beijing.